- One can of Rosarita Fat Free Refried Beans (good fiber and protein source!)
- Enough Chips to fill the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan ( I prefer blue corn!)
- One cup of grated cheddar cheese (or another of your preference. you can raise and lower this amount by preference)
- Two green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup slice olives (if desired)
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400* F
- Cut, grate, and prepare your toppings
- Lay the chips out on a 9 x 13 pan (it is optional to grease it, though spraying it first will help with clean up)
- In a bowl, mix up the refried beans, chopped toppings, and most of the cilantro (save a little for garnish). Stir until ingredients are well mixed. This will also help with the malleability of the beans.
- Spread the refried bean mixture over the chips. This is done easily with two spoons. Once spread well, top with the grated cheese, evenly.
- Stick the pan in the oven for about 8-10 minutes (until cheese is well melted--you don't want cold beans)
- Now, before you take it out, switch the oven to Broil. Only for a minute. Any longer and the chips will burn. This step is optional--it will give the nachos a crispier feel.
- Enjoy! (also optional--eat nachos over a salad. Add a little salsa and ranch dressing--very good!)
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do--it's wonderful to have a quick, easy, healthy option for dinner sometimes. Endometriosis can shut you off from quick food options, so recipes like these can come in handy. And whether or not you have endometriosis, I'm sure you'll find your nachos delicious!